Welcome to New England
ICE SOLUTIONS17 Orange Street Newburyport, Massachusetts 01950
New England Ice Solutions began with customers asking Greg Greene, a custom home builder and remodeler in Newburyport, MA, for a solution to their ice dam problems. Greg, with his knowledge of home construction, knew there wasn’t one easy solution like more insulation in your attic.
So Greg searched for a solution that would work regardless of the underlying house and roof structure, and found the technology now used in all of New England Ice Solutions designs. He installed a few systems starting in 2005, and realized he couldn’t develop the ice dam prevention business without impacting his construction business.
Benefits of an Ice Dam Prevention System
With our ice dam prevention solution, you get the following benefits, all of which provide you with peace of mind.
- Schedule flexibility – means you don’t have to check on the weather at home while traveling for business, or spending winters in a warmer climate.
- Automated operations – like other automated home features, you only have to turn your system on in the fall, and off in the spring. The automated controller runs the system for you.
- Energy efficiency – means your system only runs when the temperature drops below 38 degrees, so as the weather fluctuate. You’re only using electricity when there’s a chance of ice dams forming.
- Safety for family and guests – means you won’t have those beautiful icicles hanging from your roof. They’re lovely to look at but can easily hurt someone when they fall. A bigger safety concern is that hidden moisture in your attic, ceiling or walls can support the growth of mold, creating an unsafe environment for your family.
- No repairs due to leaks from ice dams – will save you an enormous amount of time, as it’s not a trivial exercise to get the right repairs done, and the insurance company to pay for them. You can read more about this on our blog, Staggering Ice Dam Insurance Claims.
- Investment protection – for your house means your roof, from the exterior shingles down to the roof deck below, will last longer and save you from having to replace it prematurely. We offer a 3 year guarantee on materials and labor, so you know the system works.