Ice Melt Panels

Your ice dam solution combines different ice melt panels. The panel style will determine if your solution has one or two cables and the style/length of the aluminum panels varies based on the solution you pick.

  • Prime Plus – includes a combination of double cable eave, valley and channel panels.
  • Premium – uses eave and valley panels that have two cables.
  • Standard – uses single cable panels and standard length panels.
  • Economy – uses a single cable eave panel.


Here is an overview of the various ice melt panels:

  • Double cable, ice melt EAVE panels with base and covers
  • … or single cable, ice melt EAVE cover only panels.
  • VALLEY panels where roof sections intersect.
  • CHANNEL panels.

Ice Melt Panels – Double Cable Eave Panels

Ice dams most often form along the edges of the roof, which in the industry are called the eaves. Our double cable eave panels keep this area heated to insure that no ice forms, so the melting water from higher up on the roof, can flow to the ground. The two cables transfer heat to the aluminum covers, where the water flows downward to the edge of the roof.


Ice Melt Panels – Single Cable Eave Panels

We learned a lot over the winter of 2015, and realized we needed to offer solutions at several different price points. We introduced our single cable, eave panel solution in 2016, and hope the “standard package” provides a cost effective solution for homeowners with a tight budget.


Ice Melt Panels – Double Cable Valley Panels

As our houses have gotten bigger, roofs have added to the style but that means more seams where warm air can escape and cause ice dams. That’s why houses need valley panels to allow snow melt hidden from view (it’s the snow closest to your roof), to flow all the way down to the ground.


But just in case you’ve got a metal roof, we’ve got a different valley panel for you …


Ice Melt Panels – Double Cable, Channel Panels

There are lots of things happening on your roof, and anywhere there are seams, you’re likely to have ice dams too. But unlike cars, our houses are all stick built and quite different from each other so we’ve got some specialty panels we like to call “channel panels” because their job is to channel the water down from your roof to the ground.

Where do you need channel panels? Again, where there are junction or seams on your roof like a dormer or skylight. Like all the other heat panels, they will follow the roof down to a gutter or downspout, and the cables will continue to the ground too where they’ll connect to your home’s electricity.


And for flat or low slope roofs, we’ve got a different “snow melt” design that works better …